Wednesday 31 October 2007

U turn if you want to: Yes I think I will

How many U-turns can a Government make in one week?

Well, I'm counting 5 at the moment.

1) 'Pay-as-you-throw' bin collection. Is the plan in or out? In? More like a smelly okey cokey to me.

2) 5% of surpluses on school budgets being reclaimed by the Government. The money is now to be left to the schools. Hurrah!

3) 800,000 immigrants figures, then 1.1 million. Who knows?

4) 30% of new jobs going to immigrants, then 40%, maybe even 52%? Again, who knows?

5) Capital Gains Tax may now have £100,000 retirement allowance, to offset the uproar from the business community at the Chancellor's CGT plans in the CSR.

It's only early on a Wednesday, I wonder how many by the end of the week. If it gets to ten, I may be tempted to treat myself to a dark chocolate Toblerone.

This isn't a Government, more like a bad driving school.

Squiffy.

No comments: