Wednesday 16 January 2008

Note to the God of Conspiracy

Dear God of Conspiracy

Why is it that when a deadline looms something goes wrong with your PC? As you know, I have a deadline to submit a document for review today, so why was it that yesterday you chose to make my PC lose its profile? You know that I keep my current working documents on my desktop, so making my desktop folder inaccessible was the best way to screw up my plans! And you know that giving me problems with my PC would put me in the hands of those other Gods, the I.S. department.

Thankfully, I.S. have fixed my PC (hopefully my e-mail will be fixed today), so I could recover my document and continue working on it at home last night. It still needs some tweaks, so I decided to wake up early and go into work early to finish it. How come whenever I decide to go to work early, not very often I admit, you deem it necessary to give the Jubilee line problems? Either it has major problems every day, or just the days I travel on it early. Normally, as you know, if the tube is busy I'll wait for the next one. But when I have switched off the alarm clock early, I'd rather get the benefit of it!

So there I am, with my nose up someone's arm pit on a slow train. Lovely. If I was Alanis Morissette I'd write a song about it, although mine would be about ironies rather than minor annoyances.

So could you please give me a break.

Squiffy.

P.S. What's with the Princess Di and 9/11 stuff?

No comments: