Thursday 10 July 2008

And as if by magic

A month or so ago I railed against new yellow markings at Kilburn tube station showing where the doors would be when a train stopped.

I disliked the way that the only advantage that the trod upon London commuter had in knowing where the doors were had been taken away, as well as the possibility for accident on a crowded platform of everyone surrounding small areas.

On Monday night, YouGov asked me what I would suggest as policies for Boris Johnson to pursue. Imagine my surprise on Tuesday when all the yellow markings had disappeared. Someone out there is listening - not to me though probably.

Also, incidentally, I asked for Boris to scrap bin taxes (although it's not in his power) and encourage council tax rebates for recycling. Two days later, George Osbourne announced a similar policy. Common sense seems to be prevailing.

Squiffy.

No comments: