Monday 3 August 2009

Are we mad, or is she?

I think a bit of both. Yesterday's suggestion from Harriet Harman that Labour should always have a woman in one of the top two jobs makes you question her sanity, or maybe it makes you question your own. For one, this woman is driving me mad with the obsession on equality at all costs, she equalises good ideas with really bad ones.

It is unusual for me to agree with John Prescott, but when he says that the leaders of the Labour party should be chosen by ability you have to concur. Surely, this principle should be the same for absolutely every job going (within reason - you couldn't have a man chosen as a top female model! Or maybe you could!).

When she first entered Government in 1997 I quite liked her, I can't remember why now. But the constant nannying and lies that she is peddling (someone should tell her to stop going on about the Tory arrogance that they are going to win, in every utterance they say that the deal is not yet complete and there is no complacency) makes me want to scream whenever I see her.

Harriet Harman absolutely loves her job and would love to move up one grade. I think this is the real reason for her spouting off now. She is trying to make sure that she has a role when Gordon Brown leaves. It may play well to some of the more sanity challenged members of the Labour party but I can see her turning off a large part of her potential electorate. So why say it, she must be stark raving bonkers.

Squiffy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to write that. I found it very interesting. If you get a chance you should visit my blog as well. I hope you have a great day!