Sunday 13 May 2012

Well done Pastor

Congratulations to Pastor Maldonado on his first F1 victory. I have been a big fan of the Williams team since I first became interested in the sport. As a big supporter of Nigel Mansell, the team enabled him to fight for titles and always allowed the two drivers to fight it out. Frank Williams is a true racer and so I could not be happier that the team has returned to the top step.

It was heart breaking to see the team at the back of the grid last year, but now that the alliance with Renault has been rekindled Williams may be turning the corner. It has been too long since Juan Pablo's victory at Brazil in 2004, and now 8 years of hurt can be put aside.

It was a shock, though, to see the fire in the Williams pit after the race. It seems that a member of the Williams team is in hospital and I hope that the injuries are not too serious, and that the team member recovers well. The fire will bring KERS into the spotlight and whether extra safety measures are needed.

Enjoy the victory Pastor, you drove brilliantly and surprised the hell out of me. I h0ope the fire will not take the shine off the fantastic victory today.

Squiffy

No comments: