Friday 17 May 2019

May's deal is dead. Her premiership is over.



This morning Jeremy Corbyn pulled out of the Brexit talks, this followed Theresa May's meeting with the 1922 backbench committee. There is no compromise deal and it seems now inevitable that she will have to resign in a couple of weeks.

The Prime Minister will bring her deal back in the week beginning 3rd June, but this time as a bill rather than a motion. This is her last throw of the dice, and she has said she will go whatever the result. Though in order to get rid of her as quickly as possible pretty much guarantees that it will be voted down (even though there was a cat in hell's chance of it passing).

I wish she'd go now and as soon as possible, but I guess we can wait for another few weeks - it seems like we've been waiting for ever!

There now appears to be around twenty candidates for the leadership campaign when it starts, I hope that the vast number of candidates does not mean that it will be too long a campaign and they can whittle it down to the last two quickly. I want a new leader to be in place by mid to late July.

I though May would be a bad leader but she has been even worse than I imagined. I'll vote for the Brexit party in the EU elections and revert to Tory for any new General Election that I hope any new leader will call.

Squiffy.

No comments: