Tuesday 4 November 2008

My Presidential Prediction

Tonight it's the US general election and I'm still sticking to my prediction of a win for Barrack Obama. I'm predicting a popular vote of 52% for Obama and 44% for McCain, and 340 electoral votes for Obama with the remaining votes going to McCain.

If this happens it will be consistent with my prediction for the election from the beginning of the year. Back then I predicted an Obama vs McCain fight with Obama coming out on top - this was when Hillary Clinton was the overwhelming favourite for the Democratic nomination and McCain was out of it for the Republicans.

A strange fact was unearthed in the Times this week. In all Presidential elections, apart from 1960, a Democrat has won the presidency when a Brit has won the F1 world championship!

Squiffy.

No comments: