Sunday 2 November 2008

Wow!

As an avid Formula 1 fan, I'm really glad that I got my prediction wrong at the start of the year. I thought that Kimi Raikkonen would be even stronger this year after finally winning the championship in 2007. I was wrong, gladly.

The race today, in Brazil, was fantastic. Even if Felipe Massa had won, the race would have been momentous. Massa would have been a great champion, but as a Brit I'm ecstatic that Lewis Hamilton won. After missing out with bad luck (from a dodgy gearbox) last year, this year he deserved it after some fantastic drives in Monaco and Silverstone. Also he deserved to win after losing a total of 7 points to Massa after being penalised unfairly by the FIA at Spa (overtaking Raikkonen) and Fuji (Bourdais being penalised for Massa's dodgy move).

The race was brilliant and heart stopping. After sitting in despair with two laps to go, thinking how could it go wrong again - just like last year - to complete elation on the last corner before checkered flag.

The champagne is flowing tonight.

Squiffy.

No comments: