Tuesday 9 June 2009

Bob Crow makes me mad

As someone who lives in London and needs to use the tube to get to work, I get mad with the annual tube strikes. It's the last union that needs the Thatcher treatment.

For far too long they have held London to ransom with spurious strikes. I remember the strike because the station at the end of line did not have a wash basin, the strike when someone was fired because he was found to be playing squash when he was signed off sick, the strikes because of fears over safety which achieve nothing and the myriad of strikes over pay.

This strike is over a 5% pay claim. Are they in the real world? We're living in a world of deflation and pay freezes. I'd love to see an army of part timers trained up to provide a reduced service when the RMT goes on strike. I'd volunteer myself, I think it would satisfy my boyhood dreams of being a train driver. I'd also pay the volunteer force more money for the days when they have to taken over. Just watch the RMT go on strike then!

Also, why is it that strikes always seem to be held when England are playing?

Squiffy.

No comments: