Monday 8 June 2009

Could we be approaching the endgame?

Sky News is reporting that cabinet ministers are meeting this afternoon at Number 10. Sounds reasonable to work out a strategy for tonight's PLP meeting.

But my spideysense tells me that it's not going to be like that, Sky say that Alan Johnson and Alistair Darling have been entering via the back entrance.

I think the meeting could be similar to the one-to-ones that Mrs T had when she realised it was over. I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Gordon Brown will announce his resignation to the PLP tonight, they will agree some basic timetable for a leadership election and will then hit the airwaves. Everyone will then say that they regret what happened but Gordon Brown has done the honourable thing, and now they can unite.

I may have got this so wrong, but sometimes who have to go with a hunch.

Squiffy.

No comments: