Tuesday 8 June 2010

Eric Pickles is a star...no bin taxes

I think I've mentioned twice in blog posts my distain for bin taxes and how the focus should shift to promoting recycling. In one of the first acts of the ConLib Government it is happening.

A trial in Windsor and Maidenhead is rewarding people with vouchers for shops such as M&S if they weigh their recycling and it is above a certain value. Early results show a rise of 35% in recycling. It can only be of benefit,

I want it to be introduced in my area, can you imagine people actively taking recyclable rubbish from the streets to take home to boost their income rather than flytipping rubbish due to bin taxes. Sounds far-fetched but maybe it isn't. You have to understand human nature to get these decisions right.

Eric Pickles has got off to a flyer. No bin taxes and no HIPS. He receives Squiffy's cabinet minister of the month award. And he's from Yorkshire, I remember him as the plain speaking Leader of Bradford city council.

Squiffy.

No comments: